Les Menuires - introduction
Those winter holidaymakers that go beyond the popular Three Valleys resorts of Méribel and Courchevel will find a real hidden treasure. Les Menuires is a high-altitude resort, with some excellent, long intermediate-friendly runs.
It also offers visitors the chance to explore the entire Three Valleys – one of the largest ski areas in the world – while keeping to a sensible budget.
Les Menuires sits at high altitude in the Vallée des Belleville, offering reliable snow and the convenience of having everything right on the slopes. The resort has changed considerably over the years since it was first conceived in the mid-1960s.
The areas of the resort built first – La Croisette, Brelin and Preyerand – still retain the functionality conceived by the resort’s architects. The newer areas of Reberty, Sapinière and Bruyères add traditional mountain homes – made from local stone, slate and wood – to the mix.
Les Menuires has developed a reputation among those seeking good value, an important attraction when purse strings are held tight, and particularly with families, who love its slopeside convenience and relaxed nightlife.
- Access to the Three Valleys, the world’s largest ski area
- Great value compared to better-known neighbouring resorts
- Purpose-built, so you can ski right to the door of your chalet or apartment
- Les Menuires is quieter than Courchevel and Méribel so don’t come here if you are looking to party, party, party
- It’s not too easy on the eye, although new developments are improving the overall look and there are plans to revamp the bigger blocks