Verbier - introduction
Verbier is situated at the hub of Les 4 Vallees amid some of the most awe-inspiring mountain views in the Alps. You can feast your eyes on the Mont Blanc and the Grand Combin to the south or at the top of the Mont Fort Glacier on a good day one can see the Matterhorn in the other direction.
Known as a freeriders paradise, Verbier has extensive accessible off-piste terrain making it popular to the experienced skier. Boasting over 410km of pistes (100km in the Verbier area of the 4 vallees) for all levels, there is plenty to ski. The ‘La Chaux’ area includes a ‘slow’ zone, with limited speeds allowed for those not so confident plus a first-rate Snowpark for the freestyle enthusiast. With the linking lifts to the rest of the 4 vallees (Nendaz, Veysonnaz and Thyon) one can access a vast variety of ski terrain.
Verbier hosts some of the world’s top Freeride and Freestyle events such as the Verbier Ride and the Freeride World Tour making it an elite destination for the world’s best Freeride skiers. If visitors are lucky enough to be in resort during the events, they can get right next to the action – a spectacle not to be missed!
There is an undeniable panache in the village which hosts many fantastic restaurants and bars popular with weekenders. The village comprises of chalet style apartments and hotels as well as chic wooden chalets. Most of which have splendid views of the surrounding mountains and all day sunshine.
- Extensive choice of skiing with links to the 4 vallees
- Superb scenery
- Extensive lift accessible off-piste terrain
- High quality ski instruction available
- Great bars and nightclubs
- Good for people watching, including celebrity spotting
- Well catered for weekend skiing
- Prices tend to be on the high side with the weak sterling rate
- In high season overcrowded pistes coming into resort
- Few beginner and lower intermediate runs
- Lack of hotel rooms, however the chalet charm makes up for this
- Lack of and expensive parking, due to improvements at the central lift station